Welcome to Girls on the Run of Fairfield County!
Girls on the Run is a transformational physical activity based positive youth development program for girls in 3rd-8th grade. We teach life skills through dynamic interactive lessons and running games. The program culminates with the girls being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k running event. The goal of the program is to unleash confidence through accomplishment while establishing a lifetime appreciation of health and fitness.
Potential sites for Fall 2016
- Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich
- Burr Elementary, Fairfield
- Cider Mill School, Wilton
- Dwight Elementary School, Fairfield
- Hindley Elementary School, Darien
- Mill Hill School, Fairfield
- New Canaan YMCA
- New Canaan Country School
- New Canaan East Elementary School, New Canaan
- Ox Ridge School, Darien
- Resiliency Center of Newtown
- Rowayton Elementary School, Rowayton
- Royle Elementary School, Darien
- Samuel Staples Elementary, Easton
- Tokeneke Elementary School, Darien
- Toquam Magnet School, Stamford
- Westport Weston Family Y
Like to know more about bringing GOTR to your site?
Contact Mary Bentley at firstname.lastname@example.org
All Coaches must attend training. Training date is Saturday Aug 27. Training will be held at the New Canaan Y – 10:00-2:00. RSVP to Mary Bentley.